Ten Reasons Why People Miss Ballgames
10. I was taken to too many games by my parents when I was a kid.
9. I suspect that I was sitting next to some hypocrites because instead of paying attention to the game, they came to see their friends and talked the whole time.
8. It seems the games are always scheduled when I want to do other things, like go to church.
7. The band played numbers I’d never heard before and not the good ol’ fight songs.
6. I went to a lot of games but the coach never bothered to thank me.
5. The referees made decisions I couldn’t agree with.
4. Often the game goes into overtime or extra innings and I would be late getting home.
3. The seats were too hard and uncomfortable.
2. The people I sat next to didn’t seem friendly.
1. Every time I went, they asked for money!
Those are silly reasons for avoiding ball games; they’re pretty silly when it comes to missing church too.